Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Top O' the Mornin! and Hair of the dog

Well, yesterday was St. Patrick's Day and seeing as I have realized that I am obsessed with green (that's what one of the girls said last night after looking at the living room and the new paint job in the second guest room) I thought I'd post my attire of the evening. I wore the top half to school in the morning (vest, suspenders pin), but just wore traditional jeans and shoes with them. Then when the girls from the branch came for the 166th RS birthday celebration at our house, I thought perhaps I should dress for the occasion. So, I pulled out the rest of the outfit as shown in the ever so stylish pic to the left. After seeing the pic I'm convinced I should have taken up arm wrestling. Holy cow those are some hams where the upper arm should be! Note to self: wear longer sleeves.... and maybe the balloon pants only for "special" occasions.

The birthday party was pretty fun. While people were arriving some of the girls got out my high school yearbooks and were having a great time oohing and aahing (ok, snickering and giggling) over the fantastic hair that was sported back then. Not to mention the lovely black cat eye glasses I wore from the time I was 3 til I pretended to wear contacts in the 11th grade. Note how someone signed my name all over my picture. Nice.

To my surprise they were even more impressed with the "Fro" hairdo they said I had in our wedding pictures. Looking at the pictures through their eyes I guess I would have to say I can see their point. (sidebar: Look how young everybody looks!) I don't really miss the hair from back then, but it would be nice to be a little trimmer like I was at that time. Ahh well, guess I'll go console myself with some Kozy Shack tapioca...

Actually I started walking/jogging again on Saturday and it has been... well, Hell. It is so discouraging to start all over, AGAIN. I have gone for three days now and every morning I just grit my teeth and repeat to myself "You'll be glad when you're done, you'll be glad when you're done, you'll be glad when you're done" So far all it's done is make me incredibly tired and dread going to sleep at night because I know the next thing will be the alarm and I'll have to do it all over again. I DO know it will get better. It's just from now until then is miserable. I have no one to blame but myself. No one held a gun to my head and said "You will consume massive amounts of empty calories in the form or sweets, breads, and cheese." But, it just tastes so good! Sigh....so, tomorrow I'll be getting up at 5:30, donning my sweats and lumbering about on the treadmill gasping and wheezing repeating to myself... "You'll be glad when you're done, you'll be glad . . . yeah, right.

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I started laughing when I saw your high school photo, and Miguel came over to see what I was laughing at. He said your photo looks just like one of those Geico ads. The ones that say "survive the 70's?" I think he's right. I don't know if the decade's right, but you get the idea.

That's so weird that you posted the wedding picture. I was just thinking about that photo yesterday. I was reflecting back on the silly bow you made me wear (but, it was your wedding, you had every right to make me wear a silly bow), and the way that I'm looking down and to the side. It was good to get another look at it.

We're excited to see you on Friday!

oscar said...

I love love love your high school picture. I want to wear glasses just like that. I think they are classy. Seriously! Also that shirt is so awesome. the ninja stars never go out of style. I am so glad you dressed up for the girls that came over. You are awesome. Thanks for posting that wedding picture. I have never seen it and it was crazy to see everyone so young. Yea pictures! Also quit beating yourself up about the jogging stuff- hey you are at least trying and are doing it. Give yourself a little credit. Miss you!

Brianne said...

Oh look at my hair! Yucky. My dad still has brown hair in that pic. I can't believe how quickly time passes. And I know how you feel with the running. I have only been allowed to do it for a couple weeks now due to the surgery and it is tough. I wanted to give up this morning but I pushed myself until I got to 2 miles. Pushups stink too so hopefully I can really improve before April. Keep up the good work and I will try to do the same!!

michandler said...

Actually, I think you look smashing in the green leprechaun suit--better than the last time you posted it--or was that a similar costume. I can tell that you have lost weight (despite said consumption of breads, sweets and cheeses)
I ALWAYS thought you were cool when you were in high school--even with cateye glasses--beautiful too!
And I've seen bigger, big hair than that in your wedding picture! I remember coming down for that occasion. I think the one of the four of us sister together is a very nice photo! Fun to take a trip down memory lane!