Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Green vs Green

Well, is the suspense killing you yet? What do you mean “What suspense?” I remembered to take a couple of pics last night after I got home from the school play (a little before 9pm according to the clock in the pic). I’m not sure the color is “exactly” what it is in the room – in fact, I’m sure it’s not. But, hopefully it will give you an idea. The one with the curtains and the one of the wall sconce is the “light” green and it should be obvious which is the “darker” green (look for the clock…)

I I also, took one of the new picture arrangement in the front room that hangs over the loveseat. More butterflies and “nature stuff” to hopefully tie into the big picture wall and the last one (kind of blurry- it was at night) is the little plant stand with the “Phil” pot. As in Phil from the craft shop, who is married to Shelley, of the “Shelley bowls”… refer to the big wall pics post ages ago to see those. There. Was that confusing enough? It was for me. Wish I could go have a little lie down to recoup, but I think that might not work so well with students hanging about….
Ok, I just posted this and apparently I am over the top in love with green... green background and colors on blog, green bedroom, green accent wall, green with envy...I'm sure there is something psychological about it all. But it does seem kind of odd to me because up to a few years ago I would NEVER have painted a wall green. Weird.

7 comments:

Brianne said...

I really like the way the dark green looks. It could be the fact that green is my fav color, but it looks earthy and nice with the decor you have going on. Now you have my valued opinion. =0) Hope to see you soon at Alicia's baby shower. I will bring Domzilla with me for a visit.

Kelsey said...

I also have the green infatuation. Everytime I go to the paint store, I come back with some shade of green. It's such a nice color. And your wall looks really nice, too.

Lost Woman said...

One look at my closet and my blog will tell you how I feel about the color of envy. That is not to say there are colors of green that aren't so great, but on the whole... love them.
In the pictures it looks good, but real life is always different. How does Chuck like it?

The Marshall Family said...

I love the dark green! I want to do a color similar to that... now I just have to have the right room for it!

michandler said...

Must be something about it being close to St Pat's day. I just changed my blog to green recently--same as celiac's I think. Spencer's favorite color is green and we have a green wall in our living room above the fireplace. Maybe it's genetic?? I think the colors look good! Can't wait to see it in April when we come to visit!

crazy lady said...

Ok, I'm testing to see if I have set up the word verification thingy...

Diann THE Chief Mommio said...

Hey Karen, I love it. That sconce that we bought at the art & craft fair in Yuma, with the lovely grass is so "now".