Monday, February 03, 2014

Look Ma! No Hand!

  Got my cast off today!!!
 And yes,
it IS weird... 
It's all skinny and flaky.
 And looks a bit red and angry. 
But, honestly doesn't really hurt 
unless I try to do too much with it. 


I made a little diagram showing what the dr. did...
it's actually pretty genius and in a couple months 
I should be better than new.

In the meantime, I wear this little brace 
and do a series of exercises and 
physical therapy till it gets stronger and stronger.
(like the little engine that could).

The cool thing is - 
I can wash my hair and hands now!
It's the little things that make all the difference.










3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! So glad it is doing better. Hope it continues to get better & better every day!

Lost Woman said...

Thanks for the more detailed diagram and pics. All this time I thought you had an incision from mid arm up to your thumb! So this in fact, looks far less daunting than I had imagined.

Keep up those hand squeezes!

Lost Woman said...

AND..... your cast looks surprisingly like a contemporary funky teapot.