Friday, May 31, 2013

20 YEARS!?!

 Yes it's true. 
It has been twenty years since Chuck and I got married.
    I KNOW !! 
Crazy!

So, why would I post a photo of this year's lilacs ?

Lilacs always make me think of our wedding.
They were amazing that year!

 Check out my sweet "fro"...
See what I mean about the lilacs?
We look just the same - right?

Ok maybe not. 
I think there are one or two others 
who have changed a "bit" since then as well.

So...
What did we do to celebrate?

 We took the motorhome out for a spin.
I drove the pickup and Chuck manned the motorhome.
Where did we go?
Well, that depends on whether it is Chuck or me you're asking.
We were to meet at the Copper Basin "turnoff"
At least that is what I heard.
To make a long, long story a bit shorter...
Let me just say that I drove to Copper Basin 
and drove the entire "loop" looking for Chuck.
Meanwhile, Chuck was up "Antelope Creek" at the Copper Basin turnoff.
I'd say our communication skills could still use a little work even after 20 years. 
Anywhoo...
Once we got together.
 We had a lovely time.
This year we had nice weather.
This is Smiley peak. 
One that Chuck and I have climbed together in the past.
(And I cursed him all the way down... it was a LONG way!)


The hills were blanketed with yellow arrowroot Balsam.

I know it is really spring in Idaho when these start to show up.

 There were some of these pretty blue ones...

I don't remember what they are called.
But I love the intense blue.

This one reminds me of the movie the Dark Crystal.

 From the side I think it looks like Mystic creatures from the movie - not the Skeksis.




  I think they are cool looking and will have to look up what they are called.

There were a few of these "Dr. Suess" flowers out as well.
(No I can't remember the name of those either.)

We went up the road toward "Copper Basin as far as we could.

If you look closely you can see that going over the top 
in to the basin will not be possible for awhile yet.
 
 We drove up the road to the trailhead for Fishpole and Iron Bog lakes.

 It was really lovely and green.

The quakies were really starting to leaf out.

In spite of the miscommunication at the first it was a nice trip.

And we saw some lovely country.

On the "actual" day of our anniversary
 Chuck bought me some really pretty roses.
I went to work from 7:30 am til 8:30pm
and watched the class of 2013 graduate.

 We really know how to party eh?


 







4 comments:

The Desiree said...

Dude I L-O-V-E that you two ended up in two different places that is so something Jason and I would do.
It's crazy it's been so long. I remember going to your wedding and it doesn't seem that long ago. I loved all the pictures, especially the last one! I love you two, and am so glad you found each other!

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture. Soo cute! And I blame Chuckles for the miscommunication..remember when we were meeting at Santa Creek for a trip to the cabin? Who knew there was Santa Creek and Santa Creek Rd. Haha. Glad you guys had fun!

Bri

Drew and Alicia said...

Love the pictures!! You were and still are Beautiful!!

Lost Woman said...

Happy 20!
Isn't that crazy?

Your flower shots are fabulous!
That blue one with the pink is a Virginia bluebell, and the skeksis blue one is some sort of campanula I think.
(commonly called bellflower)

Thanks for a wonderful week. I wouldn't trade it for anyone else!