Monday, March 25, 2013

Hmmm....Not much Happening.

Except a NEW GRANDBABY!!!!
Drew and Alicia had a baby girl last week :0)
Welcome Averi Lydia!!!
She weighed in at 6lb.6oz. has dark hair and a dimple in her chin.
They have sent two photos to my phone, 
but as of today I still haven't figured out how to forward them to my email. 
So, you'll just have to take my word for it that she is a cutie, 
til I have some actual photos to share. 
Alicia did very well by all accounts.
 Alicia's parents were there and helped with the siblings. 
So that was really nice.
Here's the little blanket I made for her.

The material reminds me of the Jetson's cartoon
because of the fun little rounded star bursts.
In the meantime we have been experiencing a typical Idaho late winter, slide into spring.
And I DO mean slide! 
There was a storm for the first day of spring and I didn't drive over 45 on my way into work. 
I saw several folks who thought that they "could" go over 45 off the road.
Yeah. 
I'm pretty much sick of winter this year.
It has been cold and gray, and snowy for WAY longer than I like to think about.

So what does one do to entertain oneself?
 Apparently make silly props for church lessons.
The lesson was about seeing others as they may become.
I "may" have gotten a little carried away on the visual aide business.
I wanted to show how we see things on our own, 

and how we can see with the help of Heavenly Father.
Trust me. 
It was fantastic. 
(A fair amount of imagination and spiritual liberty had to be employed)

 
Then I was FINALLY able to get the pressure sensitivity to work on my drawing tablet 
and gave myself these stylish and appropriate facial additions.

Yeah.
Like I said "It's been a L-O-N-G winter"








5 comments:

michandler said...

You are too funny sister of mine! Congrats to Drew & Alicia. Does that make 3 for them or two? It will be fun to see the photos! Who are you teaching on Sunday BTW? Primary? YW?? I can't imagine that was a lesson for adults but you never know with you. :-)

crazy lady said...

Well, it just so happens to be that I am the 4th Sunday, lesson from conference talks, RS teacher...perhaps I am "occasionally" a bit non traditional. But...

Lost Woman said...

I'm all about the nontraditional lesson props! That is the way any engaging presentation should look.
(:

That is a huge bunch of snow for spring. We were in the mid 90s that day!

Congratulations on the new grandbaby! Hope you can figure out how to get the pictures off the phone.

Momma Salt said...

Congratulations on the new "grandprincess".

Looks like your lessons are loads of fun.

My Angels said...

I think the adults(Me) need stimulation as much if not more...aah that's why I have only ever been in primary:)

Congrats to you and Drew! The number keeps a rise'n, How fun! Grandbaby lives in California?