Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last Day


 I think I mentioned before how amazing our driver was?

Yeah.
He could navigate that enormous bus 
through streets where I would hesitate to take a small car.

As we headed back to Guatamala City we passed a lot of crops grown on the sides of steep hills.

 We stopped for lunch at a place famous for it's meat products.
Chuck was particularly impressed as he has made a foray into sausage making himself.

 It was a pretty rustic setup, but the food was delicious.

 They tend to hang on to vehicles until they literally fall apart here.
We could learn a few things from them.
Last night view from our hotel.

 Chuck and I all gussied up for the fancy farewell dinner.
My necklace was from one of the billion vendors and recognize the shirt?

 Our amazing hostess Virginia- one of the most unique people I've ever met.

 Early morning view leaving hotel.

Airborne views .
 Guatamala is located where 3 tectonic plates meet.
 So they have a LOT of volcanos.

 From warm sunny Guatamala - to cold snowy Utah 
where we had to wait an extra half an hour for the plane to be de-iced.

Welcome back to snowy Idaho.
Reality check.

2 comments:

Drew and Alicia said...

The early morning view picture is hypnotizing. I just kept staring at it!

Lost Woman said...

So glad you got all the rest of this posted!

Thanks!