Sunday, April 27, 2014

Old Man Whittier!

Well...
I am now married to an old geezer.
Which seems appropriate - because I am one too.

Chuck got the deluxe old guy treatment for breakfast.
A Luna fiber bar, 100% fruit juice (no sugar added)
farm fresh organic eggs, and a new watch to keep track of time.

He was so excited to open his gifts.
 He was like a little kid tearing through them in record time.
Though unlike a little kid- he hadn't tried to sneak a peak 
at the ones that had been sitting there for a week.

He "got" to start the day by speaking in church and then went out home teaching.
He took it all in good stride though. 
I think the fact that by Thursday he will have turned in his keys and phone,
 and cleaned out his work desk to begin "official" retirement may have had an effect on it.

Anyway, I'm happy to share my life with such a thoughtful, energetic, and inventive guy.
He always has a plan and a new idea.
 He has introduced me to many new adventures 
and I look forward to many, many more in the future.
Love him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Chuck! Retiring and everything. What a banner year! What will he do with himself?!

Drew and Alicia said...

Great post! We love him too!