Saturday, March 15, 2014

Catch up...


Yeah.
"I'm gonna post more often" she said.
Best laid plans and all that...
I have been posting a daily thankful post on Instagram
 and perhaps I should just take some images from there
and add to the blog.
Nah!
I'm sure there are a LOT of exciting things I could tell you about...
view on the way home today.
IF I could recall them. 
As it is, about the only thing I can bring to mind 
memories jogged by the photos I take - 
many of which are most likely boring to anyone but me.
spring runoff
  Like this photo...
Chuck is days away from official retirement.
 At the recent military ball in Boise
 he was given this plaque and massive sword for his 38 years of military service.
It was held at the Grove in Boise. 
As we left the ball in our "finery" a hockey game was just getting out.
We didn't exactly blend in - 
but we also didn't have to worry about getting mugged either.

Last week I took students to a state technical student competition held in Nampa.
It was a great group of kids and actually a lot of fun.
 My favorite part of the competition was the problem solving skills competition.
Imagine 120 kids in teams of two given:
newspaper, 3 sheets of tan tag board, two small dowels, a roll of masking tape and 5 poker chips.
the dowels can not be part of the structure - only used for construction purposes.
They are to construct something that will hurl the chips.
The team who gets their chips the farthest distance wins.

 It was really fun to see the different team approaches, the intensity, 
and concentration for the 1 1/2 hours they worked before judging.

During downtime on Friday I took two girls to the capitol.
They got to see protestors in action.

 Posed in front of statues... 
(reminded me of a trip to Italy in 1978).
They LOVED the capitol.
 And kept themselves entertained.
 
Cool lights at the capitol.

There was a watercolor show on display on the top floor. 
This one is of Redfish...
Is it just me? or is this the beach and log where Randy and fam went for years?

We had a great time and students even won events and get to go to Nationals in DC.

Other random bits and pieces...

 I don't like daylight savings time...

However,


it did allow me to get home in time to take some evening shots with lovely light,


and of spring on it's way.


School is in full production mode... paste paper time.

My early Easter dress.

 Note the hand splint- which I no longer need to wear in the day!

A random series of breakfast eggs in the shape of fish.
(exciting I know.)

One of the series of things I have craved over the last month and did not resist.
(let's not talk about comfort eating shall we?)
Birthday bag for Brianne.

And,
Meet Frida.
 
As in Frida Khalo.
Because of the eyebrows.
And,
NO, Not our dog.
I just thought she was cute and aptly named.

Ahh...
that's enough of that.









3 comments:

Lost Woman said...

That is quite the mix of images.. but it seems every day is really a hodgepodge though isn't it?

Your kids seem awfully happy in Boise and I know you are tired, but glad you took them.

The Redfish Watercolor sure does look like the point and a certain log. Wonder how they hauled that thing away.

Unknown said...

You've been busy! You look great in your Easter dress. What's Chuck going to do when it is all official? Looks like you and the kids had fun in Boise. Funny you go them to pose like in Italy. You have been busy!

The Desiree said...

Exciting times your way. What is Chuck going to do with himself. He can hang with my dad, he is going to retire in June. Kent is retiring in April. Question is how long until you get to retire?
That trip sounded fun for those kids. They will remember it and the one to DC I sure for the rest of their lives! I am always amazed at the things I remember and don't remember about high school.
Love the pictures. I do think that Redfish watercolor is where we always go. I may have to steal it.(: