Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wound too Tight


Left for Virginia two days after getting home from the Family Alturas trip- 
for which I have not one photo because I brought my camera 
but neglected to put the memory card back in 
after downloading photos from the death march the week before.

Yes. 
I'm all sorts of cool like that.


Jayden was pretty excited to see me
and in order to ensure my personal safety
carefully checked my luggage
to make sure no one had put anything dangerous inside.

Luke worked back up
and after a thorough investigation everything was cleared for use.
Phew!

 If you are wondering who those two cute boys belong to,
wonder no more.
Look are their wonderful parents!

This is one of the few photos I got of Luke actually looking directly at me.
 With a mouth full of "something tasty"
 - but looking at me.
He's not much of a one for eye contact.

I call this one "Here's Johnny!"
Jayden spent quite awhile playing inside a large cardboard "house".
He really thought it was hilarious to open the door and "scare" me.
Actually, it was pretty hilarious.

Luke takes his card organization tasks quite seriously.

And Jayden is a madman on his bike.

We went to the beach.
It was on a Saturday and there were a lot of people with the same idea,
so it took a little longer than anticipated to arrive.
But once there it was a blast!

There was the traditional burying of the parental unit.

Pondering the waves.

Making a new friend -
that you will never see again.
Ever.

Luke was WILD about the water.
He was actually trying to fling himself into the waves.
If Jenette hadn't had a hold of him he would have run in full tilt.

Jenette spent hours holding on to him.
I tried to spell her off
but my gimpy hands couldn't handle his wriggly, slippery, excited self.


 She finally drug him away for a minute
and he sucked this juice box down in like, 3 seconds.

 DELICIOUS!
(this photo cracks me up)

Looking ready for a Christmas nativity pageant,
waiting for the sugar to kick in and give him energy.


Look at his cute mom!


Jay took a PBJ break.

Then hung out with dad to check out the beach action.

 And action there was!

Nothing like a self -belted swimsuit to show off your old geezer, muscular physique.
(Maybe you had to be there?)


This was as close to a beach family portrait as we could get.
Jay spent considerable time running in circles around his parents.

And was pretty darn pleased with himself about it.

He finally got mom to do a few circles with him.

Luke spent some time washing shells. 

The two boys spent all of 3 minutes playing together before Jay took off again.

Jenette changed Luke's clothes because his lips were blue.
 But that didn't stop him from getting back in the water.

Here's the final attempt to get a little family photo at the beach.
These boys do NOT hold still even for a minute.

So, now I'm going to throw in a bunch of random shots-
because I can...
Jaron eating cereal.
This is the image I can call to mind of him 
from the time he was old enough to hold a spoon.
He often will get up to eat a bowl in the middle of the night.
 The night before I left we were sitting out on the front steps.
Jay has taken to waving to anyone he comes across.
It is really cute and a huge step from his formerly suspicious approach.


 Luke showing off his guns.

Making art.
While watching Curious George
- it's very inspirational.

Running the train yard.

And Jay checking out the stockmarket... 
ok. 
Probably watching a train video.

Guarding his goldfish.
You never know when someone might swoop down and snag em.

Holding gramma's hand while telling her a story.
Most likely something about going to the dollar store to get candy.

And a few parting shots...
Luke sprinting off with his artist tools.
Jay living the life, speeding down a hill.
Mom and son.


Mom and son.

It was a GREAT time!!
Wish I could see them more,
but thrilled for the time we had.

Love them all!




4 comments:

Drew and Alicia said...

What a nice trip! Cute little boys!

The Desiree said...

Oh I wish they lived closer! Maybe in Jerome:) We could hang out and you could come visit us... I have a very active imagination. I am glad you get out there every so often to keep them in line. Cute pics of all of them!

Unknown said...

What a fun time! So nice to see pictures of Jare bear and his fam! Those boys are super adorable and you can tell they are a handful. How fun you get to see them so often even though they are so far away.

jo said...

How nice to go back and visit....those little boys make me tired...lol! Someone once told me little boys are like puppy dogs...you have to let them run around to be happy little boys...I believe it...they do not want to sit...lol!

You look soooo happy in those pictures...love the one of mom and son...your hand through his arm...love it!

Glad you had time to spend with such special people in your life...I am very sure they loved it, too!